Almost everyone has experienced a headache, some people unfortunately suffer from them very frequently. When bad, it becomes very painful, debilitating and can have a negative impact on our life.
Types of Headaches
There are different types of headaches and it’s not all that straight forward. International Headache Society classifies headaches into primary (most commonly seen as migraines and tension-type headaches), secondary (can occur due to trauma or injury to the head and/or neck, vascular disorders, infection etc.) and others.
Let’s have a look at tension-type headache, the most common type of primary headache and the one we often treat at Trained Physio.
Tension headaches are common type of headaches, often caused by muscle tension, stress or fatigue. Although, pain medication can alleviate the pain and that is something majority of people would try at first, it does not treat the cause. If you are experiencing frequent tension headache, it is best to seek help.
Symptoms you may be experiencing
– Dull pain on both sides of the head
– Mild to moderate intensity
-Pain can last for days to weeks
– Usually not accompanied by vomiting or nausea, but in some cases decreased appetite
– Muscles of the neck and head are tender to touch
How Trained Physio can help
Physiotherapy has several goals including promote healing, reduce pain, avoiding aggravation, optimising physical function and global strengthening to restore normal movement patterns. Our Trained Physio’s will work with you to understand your specific pain point and your daily demands.
To see how we can help you with your tension headaches BOOK ONLINE TODAY
What you can expect from Trained Physio:
- Thorough hands on manual therapy, dry needling and other treatment-specific techniques as needed
- Our Physiotherapists are highly skilled in manual therapy techniques
- Progressive exercise rehab (such as Cervical exercises, postural exercises in our fully equipped gym – tailored to each individual and based on assessment findings)
- Physiotherapy can often decrease frequency of tension headaches, reduce symptoms and need for drug consumption (from our experience, clients usually respond well within 4 -6 weeks of treatment)
- Assessment into why the injury occurred in the first place, and what can be done to keep you injury-free
- Training modifications to keep you as active as possible whilst undergoing rehab (if necessary)
East Perth Trained Physio
Trained Physio East Perth has several goals including promote healing, reduce pain, avoiding aggravation, optimising physical function and global strengthening to restore normal movement patterns. To see how we can help you BOOK ONLINE TODAY