The Achilles tendon is the biggest tendon in the body which connects the calf muscles to the heel bone. Your Achilles tendon Perth plays an important role in walking, running or jumping and injuries to the tendon can cause major pain, discomfort and functional impairments.
Achilles Partial Tear Symptoms
So how does a partial Achilles tear occur? It often occurs due to overuse, direct trauma to the tendon or sudden movements. Individuals who play sports, do lots of running or jumping may be in higher risk for developing partial tear as well as people with predisposing Achilles tendinopathy.
Patients who sustained partial Achilles tear often complain of sharp or stabbing pain around the back of the ankle and calf with or without swelling and tenderness. It may be difficult to walk or stand on your toes, eg: doing calf raises.
Achilles Partial Tear Treatment
Appropriate treatment is crucial, as we need the tendon to heal. You may have to be immobilised for a short to moderate period of time, depending on the severity of the injury followed up and gradual loading. Recent evidence is supporting conservative management and Physiotherapy has been showing great outcomes in recovery of this injury. At Trained Physio we
What you can expect from Trained Physio:
- Thorough hands on manual therapy, dry needling and other treatment-specific techniques as needed
- Our Physiotherapists are highly skilled in manual therapy techniques
- Progressive individualised exercise rehab treatment plan – seeking the cause, not only treating the symptoms
- Assessment into why the injury occurred in the first place, and what can be done to keep you injury-free
- Training modifications to keep you as active as possible whilst undergoing rehab (if necessary)
How Trained Physio can help
Physiotherapy has several goals including promote healing, reduce pain, avoiding aggravation, optimising physical function and global strengthening to restore normal movement patterns. Our Trained Physio’s will work with you to understand your specific pain point and your daily demands.
To see how we can help you with your tension headaches BOOK ONLINE TODAY